Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Festival Road Test - Catwalk Collection Ashley Cross-Body Bag


One of the girls from our office went to Download Festival at Castle Donington so we decided to issue her with a handbag for the ultimate road test. Here’s how the Catwalk Collection Ashley Cross-Body Bag stood up to festival conditions.


‘I couldn’t go to the festival on the first day, Friday because I was working which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the gales had set in and by all accounts the campsites were under water. On Saturday my friend and I arrived around mid-day and immediately checked out the local competition; no not the guys, the handbags! A lot of the girls were wearing cross-body bags and although there were some really stylish handbags and shoulder bags, I actually thought mine was the nicest and most rock-chick looking with its sexy jet black leather and brass studs.

As always, there were too many brilliant bands on at the same time so unfortunately we couldn't see them all. My handbag and I, plus friend travelled round the various stages to see Soundgarden and Megadeth and we even managed to see a smidge of Anthrax which was all super uber-heavy. Ugly Kid Joe performed 'Cats in the Cradle' and 'Everything About You' which was awesome. Sebastian Bach was also well worth seeing.

The Ashley Cross-Body Bag stood up to the job well. It carried my purse, lipstick, cagoule, Paracetamol tablets, sunglasses, small bottle of water, reading glasses, tissues, SheWee, sanitary items, festival programme, mobile phone, woolly hat and hay fever spray. The broad leather strap meant that the bag was extremely comfortable to wear all day long.

My favourite band was without doubt Black Sabbath; after all, who can possibly resist Ozzy? Steel Panther gets the vote for the best parody of a rock band, delightfully taking the mick out of themselves and talking to the crowd more than any other band, so great entertainment value with some very deliciously naughty suggestions thrown in!
 
The grounds were very muddy after all the rain on Friday so my handbag did get a bit mud splattered but it just wiped off with a damp sponge and no lasting damage done. Had it rained, I would simply have tucked my bag under my capacious cagoule as leather and water don’t really mix.

I also loved seeing, in no particular order, Tenacious D, Gun, Biffy Clyro and Kids In Glass Houses. Metallica were far better than I ever expected and their stage show with fireworks was truly spectacular.


Thanks to wonderful people I met at the venue, the bands, the dry weather, my dearly beloved friend and my brilliantly useful handbag, I had a fabulous time!’
Ally x

www.realhandbagshop.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment